If your student needs to be administered medication, the following steps must be taken:
- For physician prescribed medications:
- Guardians must submit a written and signed request for prescription. All medication delivered during camp hours will need a medication plan written out with our Medical Administrator staff that covers the necessary information required for that child's specific medical needs. Every medication will need a completed Medication Administration Permission form.
- Families can also contact their student's school nurse if the forms are already on record, and EUREKA! can accept copies from the school.
- Families must provide the medication in the original container with the student’s printed name, dosage, and directions. Staff will not be able to accept medication outside of it’s original container.
- A trained Medical Administrator staff will administer the medication at the assigned time.
- Guardians are allowed to come to the school to administer medication themselves, without written request.
- If a student is NOT self-carry, all emergency medication (epi-pens, albuterol, etc) will be kept in a EUREKA! medication backpack, and will be carried by staff when the student is present.
- All authorized non-emergency medication will be stored in a locked medicine box on a shelf that’s inaccessible to students.